Friday, March 1, 2013

Wash Day @ 26 weeks: Preparing For Sew-in Protective style

Hey Guys,

  I have some news to share with you guys in todays post. I'm MOVING!! It's been a long time coming and I still have a lot of packing to do, but I can't wait to leave. I'm moving to Nevada with hubby. I've lived in Baltimore, Maryland all my life, born and raised, but it's time for me to live! So I decided to put another protective style in my hair while I finish packing and get myself settled there. I already packed up my hair arsenal so I had to grab some things when I went to buy my hair. Let me tell you guys.... You know your a serious Product Junkie when your hair stuff alone needs 2 boxes to be shipped. Then you still have to stash things into your carry on bag because you have glass bottles that you don't want to break (JBCO).

Soooooo here's how I prepared my hair:

  • Serious Pre-poo with Queen Helen Jojoba oil Hot Oil Treatment & Olive oil for a hour. This was my first time using jojoba oil and to tell you guys I was really blown away with the results. My hair was extremely moisturize when I rinsed my hair. It was soo soft and smell delicious. I'm adding this to my staple of oils and might keep this as my oil for strictly hot oil treatments.
  • Shampooed with Roux Moisturizing Shampoo 619 Moisture System. Okay the reason I'm using this is because I had packed up all my stuff without thinking that I had a wash day before leaving. I just wanted to get the packing over with. But anyway when I got there I seen this sitting up front and when the cashier told me that it was $9.99 but on a promotional sale $3.99. Using my mothers shampoo went out the window and I bought the whole system. DJM I have a problem.
  • I did a rinse with Adore Jet Black in the front of my head because I couldn't find a color that would match the red of my hair and I refused to bleach my hair. It took about 2 hours to change because I had to make sure the color took to my new growth.
  • Shampooed again with the Roux to get all of the Rinse out. This shampoo smells like mountain dew to me and it did its job well. My hair felt nice & clean.
  • I did a protein treatment with Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment and Balancing Moisturizer. Another product I never tried before but read a lot about. I bought the sample for $1.99 to try it out. I would like to try it out again before I giving it a review.
  • Deep Condition with a blend of Dr. Miracle's Follicle Healer Deep Conditioning Treatment & Tingling Intensive Deep Conditioning Treatment. I really liked the follicle healer and I plan on using it from time to time. This I left in for a hour and then rinsed.
  • I threw a t-shirt on my had for about a minute to just soak up any extra water. Then I sprayed the Roux Leave-in Treatment & Shine and after that I put the Aunt Jackie's Knot on My Watch Instant De tangler on my hair. Using the De Tangler this time I feel it did its job. I just took my time and had to think that I have a weeks worth of shed hair that's coming out on wash day so theirs more tangles.
I'm going to let my hair finish air drying and continue tomorrow with a post on how I do my sew-in.
Thanks for Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment