Monday, March 25, 2013

Review #5 : Shea Botanica*


Hey Guys

I was giving the opportunity to try these lovely products from a some what new company. It was new to me I know that much!!! I had these products for over a month or two now and I'm writing to give you guys my honest opinion about them. I wanted to make sure I thoroughly used each product before I came to you guys. I received 4 jars from this brand. Which included a moisturizer, body cream, face cream, and a hair styler. Each item ranged from 2-6 oz that I received, but on their website the sizes and prices range.





Hair Moisture Cream 4oz -7.59$


Promises & Directions: Shea Botanica Hair Moisture Cream is a light all natural Shea based moisturizer to provide much needed definition and luster for dry, dull hair. Shea Botanica Hair Moisture Cream provides a daily dose of moisture to revive and add shine to your curls. This lightweight cream is designed to absorb into your strands without weighing down your hair. Shea Botanica Hair Moisture Cream is infused with jojoba oil and essential fatty acids to quench dull hair. The essential oils of tea tree, patchouli, lavender & ylang ylang stimulates the scalp. This anti-oxidant rich emollient can be used daily to soften and add shine to natural curly or wavy tresses. Apply daily to dry, towel-dried or slightly damp hair. Reapply as needed. 

Ingredients: Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Silk Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Chathamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang ylang) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea tree) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.



Curl Styling Cream (lemongrass) 4oz- 8.20$


Promises & DirectionsShea Botanica Curl Styling Cream has been specially formulated to define curls while moisturizing your hair. This creamy Shea based formula coats your hair strands to provide much needed moisture to dry, frizzy or damaged hair. Shea Botanica Curl Styling Cream is infused with Argan oil to quench parched hair. Apply Shea Botanica Curl Styling Cream to wet or damp hair, Scrunch hair to help define curls, and then allow hair to dry.

Ingredients: Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Argan Oil, Soybean Oil, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Silk Protein, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower seed oil, Castor Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Natural Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Essential oils: Lavender, Rosemary, Ylang ylang, Tea tree, Lemongrass.

Face Cream (Geranium, Chamomile, & Patchouli) 3oz - 7.99$

Promises & Directions: Shea Botanica Face Cream is an All Natural broad spectrum moisturizing emollient that helps hydrate and protect skin. Made with moisturizing oils, oatmeal and pure essential oils it is great for calming dry or irritated skin, leaving skin soft, smooth, supple, and with a more youthful feel. Suitable for dry or combination skin. Gently smooth over face and neck. Can be used both day and night. Dry/Aging/Sensitive skin: with Wheatgerm, Avocado & Jojoba oils.
Ingredients: Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Palm Stearic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oatmeal), dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Natural Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Perlargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Chamaemelum Nobile (Chamomile) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

  • No Parabens
  • No Propylene Glycol
  • No Petrolatum
  • No Artificial Fragrance
  • No Color Added
  • No Phthalates
  • GMO Free


Moisturizing Body Cream 6oz- 8.00$

Promises & Directions: Shea Botanica Moisturizing Body Cream is a rich emollient that absorbs quickly to moisturize and soothe dry, dull skin. Shea Botanica Moisturizing Body Cream is deliciously scented and non greasy. This body cream is custom-made with essential fatty acids and vitamins that provide relief to dry, dull and sensitive skin. Incorporating the sweet, floral and vibrant scents of geranium, lavender, chamomile, & ylang ylang, this ultra-rich emollient deeply penetrates skin to leave it smooth, soft and supple. Smooth over skin after bath or shower, or any time skin feels dry. 
Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Vera whole Leaf Juice, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Chathamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Natural Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamaemelum Nobile (Chamomile)Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Perlargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang ylang) Oil, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
I did have a picture from when i first got it but I got a new phone so some pictures where lost. So this is a picture of excessive use of the product.

Overall each product served its purpose plus some. I love that each product is detailed so things you can not pronounce is hyphened with the term that we do know.
Package is plain but yet simple for easy storage or travel. Also the letter smears off when you get so product on your hand.
Smell is not powerful. Its more of a earthy, citrus smell that doesn't bother me at all. I perferre a perfume smell to my products but I like that this one is all natural giving it a earthy smell.

Texture is thick and creamy. It is well whipped, light, and fluffy. With each cream a little does go a long way and for the price that's 2 pluses in my book.

Will I repurchase this products again, The moisturizer, body cream, and face cream I would definitely get again, but the styler I am still on the fence because it left my hair feeling weighed down. For the face cream, after i did my usual face routine I applied a dab on my forehead, cheeks, and chin and smoothed over my face as directed. The smell leaves my face smelling earthy and natural which I like. My face afterwards does not feel oily and I'm not wiping away grease if i do sweat. Usually I sweat after I apply a face moisturizer, but with this product I didn't and I really loved that. The body cream i applied after I showered. I even used it on my sons skin and they seemed to love it. It took my a little time to rub it in, but afterwards my skin felt silky smooth. The moisturizer was not heavy, it was nice and light on my hair.
My Grade A-   because the styler left my hair heavy.


Click links below to contact them or for their website.
Phone- 1-404-981-7959

No comments:

Post a Comment