Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random Spotlight: Global Couture




Hey Ladies

This post is highlighting another small business that again I found on twitter. Let me tell you guys besides Facebook, Twitter is another wonderful place to meet interesting people. Anyway I seen a pic on twitter with these amazing hand crafted earrings and bows. I just had to know more about this company. I did some digging on her website and was wowed by all the beautiful pieces that she has featured on the site. So because I love supporting small businesses I asked to feature her on my blog and she agreed. This was another interview that I truly enjoyed. It is nice to meet strong goal focused females with businesses because you can tell that your going to get quality products. But I'll just let this interview speak for itself. (click on highlight link to go to website)



  1. What made you decide to start your business?


I decided to begin Global Couture 2 years ago when I noticed I couldn’t find any accessories or natural hair apparel (mainly T shirts) I wanted to wear, that reflected my new consciousness.  I would like to think I have always been a creator, because I have always enjoyed crafting and creating beautiful things. During the day, I am a tenured college counselor and full time doctoral candidate completing my dissertation. So, my designs have also become a creative outlet from these very cerebral tasks.  




  1. What is your main goal for your company?

Global Couture is an expression of my love for travel, self-exploration, cultural expression, and creativity. Global Couture designs hair accessories, jewelry, & apparel for the bold, chic, and culturally curious. Global Couture is trying to spread the word about embracing your natural hair and its reflection of our history. “Loving your hair represents loving yourself.” Love your curls, if they are wavy, curly, kinky or coily.




  1. Are you natural? If so tell me a little about yourself and your hair journey?


Yes, I am natural! I love natural hair! Much of my inspiration for Global Couture comes from the various natural hair communities (via blogs, natural hair meet-ups, and YouTube) which I so joyously joined nearly two years ago.  Global Couture is an expression of my love for travel, self-exploration, cultural expression, and creativity. “Going back to my roots” during this natural hair journey has been truly self-affirming. Through this journey, I fell in love with the freedom, self-expression, and renewed confidence fostered by a simple ‘hairdo’ change. I found quickly it was more than a hair style change, it became a lifestyle change. I began to take more risks outside of the expected and mainstream forms in beauty, hairstyles, clothing, and accessories. I believe this ‘mini’ transformation paired with my travels through South American, Asia, Europe and the Caribbean has added to my appreciation for various forms of beauty, personal expression and culture expression.






  1. Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?

We are open for business at Global Couture!!  Global couture currently sells T-shirts, hair accessories, bow ties, earrings, phone cases, totes, and other novelty items such as coffee mugs.

My vision for Global Couture is to enhance the natural beauty in all of us from the inside-out.



Patricia, Global Couture Designer and Owner

Thank you for interviewing me!



Global Couture, LLC
Email:          globalcouture@aol.com
Facebook:  Global Couture 
Twitter:       @globalcouture1
Instagram:  @globalcouture


1 comment:

  1. Going to check out the website, I love the graphics and those bows are so cute

    DiscoveringNatural
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveringNatural

    Blog:
    http://discoveringnatural.com

    ReplyDelete