- Started off detangling my hair with Ynobe shop Pre poo treat w/amla oil. I thoroughly detangled my hair for about a half hour.
- Shampooed with Giovanni ultra moist shampoo. When I used it my hair felt squeaky clean and not moisturized like I wanted. So I used Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and that did not help. My hair felt reallllly clean after using both so I guessed they served their purpose.
- Remember I mentioned last wash day that I made some hair tea. Well I didn't forget to use it this week and soaked my hair with the tea. I'm in need of a new spray bottle because this one doesn't spray anymore. :( I then coated that with my trusty Aubrey's GPB Balancing Conditioner. After rinse this combination out my hair felt like how it was supposed too. :)
- Next I wanted to give my hair a hard protein treatment. So while I was at the beauty Supply store I couldn't find the treatment I was looking for so I bought IC Fantasia Vitamin/Protein Re-constructor that I left in for a minute as directed.
- After rinsing that out I wanted to use a moisturizing deep conditioner. After debating on which dc to use in my stash I settled on Koils by Nature Hydrating Shealoe Creamy Conditioner. I left this on for over 3 hours under a cap with no heat.
- For leave ins I used Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, sealed with Hairveda Vatika Oil, and for my cream I used TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer. I didn't use it when I was transitioning and wanted to save it for when I was fully natural and I am glad I did because I really liked how it locked everything in. When I take my hair out I will try it again because I like how it was thick but still felt light on my hair.
Monday, September 23, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
It's that time again:)
Requirements for the Blog Entry is simple just enter blow..
a Rafflecopter giveaway
2. Must repost the picture (please have your profile open or I won't be able to see that you posted)
3. Hastag #RJamaicansgiveaway
That's it! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Sunday, September 15, 2013
I have come to realize that I have bottles just sitting on my shelf that I use a couple of times and just like looking at them. Time for me to do a clean out stash of things I'm just letting sit and make way for restocking staples! Project clean stash begins! Black Friday is around the corner and need to know what is on my list and what is not!
Thursday, September 12, 2013
If you follow me on IG, which I hope you do, I posted a couple different products I was sent for review and Elasta QP was one of them. I was truly excited to try this line be I love there deep conditioners. I was sent 4 things from there Olive & Mango line. A shampoo, leave in, curl pudding, & a glaze. The only thing I didn't use was the glaze because that is more for straighten your hair. When I do straighten my hair I will let you guys know how it went. I have used other products from their line which was the DPR-11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizing Conditioner, the Soy OYL Ultrahydration Moisture Rich Deep conditioner, and the original Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer. Sitting her writing I am think about revisiting the DPR-11+ because during my transition my hair absolutely loved it and it really did last. I sent Elasta QP a email a little while back that I forgot all about it. When I did receive a response back I was greeted with very apologetic well detailed conversation. My goodies were also shipped out extremely fast too with tracking so that gives extra points for the great customer service I received.
Here is a little information about the product line:
The all-new Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter collection addresses the needs of consumers with kinky-coily, curly, wavy and frizzy hair patterns, providing a solution that will help them achieve curly to straight looks, braids and other protective styles. Offering the strengthening power of olive oil combined with softening mango butter, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Collection enables ease of styling for natural-haired consumers and those transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair, commonly referred to as “transitioners.” Elasta QP’s Olive Oil & Mango Butter Collection is comprised of five anti-breakage products (Moisture Shampoo, Leave-In HR Conditioner, Growth Moisturizer, Growth Oil, and Leave-In Conditioner) as well as three styling products (Curl Defining Pudding, Moisturizer and Curl Wax) that help heal split ends, smooth frizz, define curls and add brilliant shine to tresses. Available this fall, each product in the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Collection retails for less than seven dollars
- Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil leaves hair incredibly soft, and silky-smooth with great body, movement and shine
- Softens and detangles
- Super moisturizing
DIRECTIONS: Shampoo and rinse hair well. Spray Leave-In H2 liberally into hair. Gently comb through hair. DO NOT RINSE. Style as desired. For straightening curls, waves or smoothing frizz, blow dry hair.
The leave in I used after i deep conditioned and sealed in with a oil. I can say my hair was well hydrated that day so that was a good thing. But I really wasn't to wowed away at the time. I feel if I use it more over time I will then see the results. I do prefer spray leave ins because I have fine hair and I don't what a heavy coat before I add anymore product to my hair. When I sprayed it out of the bottle it was a nice air mist that coated my hair really nicely. I did also use it as a refresher before retouching my hair.
- Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil add strength, moisture and shine while gently lifting dirt and build-up
- Leaves hair feeling like silk
- Protects against breakage, split-ends and dryness
- Moisturizes and seals
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter/Mango Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit/Shea Butter, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olive Oil, Argania Spinosa Nut Oil/Argan Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract/Aloe Vera Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract/Rosemary Extract,Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydantoin, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Oil/Carrot Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool.
DIRECTIONS: Smooth onto wet hair. Gently massage scalp and work lather into hair from roots to ends. Use finger combing to help ease out tangles and remove build-up. Rinse and repeat. For best results, use Mango Butter Leave-in Conditioner after rinsing shampoo.
- Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil gives frizz control, bounce and definition for soft elongated curl texture
- Perfect for curly, kinky-coily and frizzy textures
- Leaves curls feeling like silk
DIRECTIONS: Apply liberally to clean, conditioned hair. Apply using fingers or wide tooth comb to evenly distribute from roots to the ends of your hair. Allow your curls to air dry. For maximum curl elongation repeat process above twice and air dry. STYLING USES: Excellent for Fingerstyle, 2 Strand Twist and Spiral Rod Sets. Transitioners can apply to blend textures. Texturizers can define curls and waves.
|Co washed, left damped , then applied leave in, sealed with oil, last added Elasta Qp|
Will I repurchase? The shampoo I definitely would not repurchase not even to clarify because I did not like how my hair reacted to it! The leave in I would like to give it a few more chances to see how it really conditions my hair over time. The pudding HELLLL YES! It is now a staple!
My Grade: A- only because of the shampoo!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Friday, September 6, 2013
( I may Co-wash more depending on how my hair feels)
Wash n Go's
My Children's Regimen
Shampoo, condition, T-shirt Method, detangle, apply leave-ins, & seal with the L.O.C. Method
Deep Condition for 5 minutes
My kids hair stay in protective style for week or more depending on the condition of their hair
Joico K-pak Color Therapy Shampoo
Ouidad Co Wash
Aubrey GPB Balancing Conditioner
Deep Conditioner (I love DC so this will vary)
Hairveda Sitrinilla Deep Hair Masque
Bel Nouvo Creamy Castor Custard
Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Conditioner
As I Am Doublebutter Cream
Joico K-pak Reconstrut Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor
Aubrey's GPB Balancing Conditioner
Tresemme Heat Tamer Leave-in Spray
Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango butter Curl Defining Pudding
The Modern Hippie Hair Gunk
New Growth Spritz
Jamaican Black Castor oil
Now I am trying to keep my products to 90% all natural. But when it comes to getting that you can only find the majority of all natural products online. At stores like target & walmart there is such a limit. This is only to where I live now because in Baltimore walmart had a whole section dedicated to ethnic hair care products. Now some natural hair makers have deals on shipping like Obia Natural Hair care has a flat rate for shipping which is 2.99$ and then TGIN has free shipping on all of there full size products which is a steal. So I am trying to do a mix where I get my products from the store an online to try my best in helping small business owners. But still sticking to products that I know works for my hair. But the problem is the product junkie in me loves so many different things that it is had for me to just choose only a few. But I will continue to update so check back.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Sunday, September 1, 2013
Right now I am sorting through my stash and trying to write down my Staples. I love trying things but I really need to stick to what works for my hair. It is kind of hard because you have to think of a lot of things when trying to have a healthy rotation of products. Price, quality, quantity are just a few key factors for deciding on what will stay on you shelf. It doesn't hurt to have one product that is a splurge in your arsenal either.
Here's how yesterday day went:
Pre pooed with Ynobe Shop for over 2 hours. As soon as I got up I slathered my hair down and put a cap on my head. Went about do house chores that really got some heat to catch in the cap. While rinsing it ouy I gently detangled.
I then shampooed with Elasta QP 2x. This is my second time using and I still have the same feeling that I had the first time. Rinsed it out.
Conditioner rinsed with Aubrey GPB working from root to tip like I always do. I finshed this bottle and am now on to the next one. Rinsed in cool water.
I revisited and deep conditioned with Blue Roze Beauty Strawberry Hibiscus Deep Conditioner. I put a cap on and applied heat for 30 minutes and without for about 15 minutes before I rinsed it out. This DC gave me the same results as the first time which was moisture and popping curls
Lastly I squeezed out the extra water from my hair with my hands and then used my Roots Only bottle to get some Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my scalp massaging it in. Once I took a quarter size or a little more of Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Conditioner as my leave in. Sealed with grape seed oil and for my styler I used Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding. This was supposed to be my wash and go combination which looked well defined when it dried that day. But the next day it went back to my TWA. :( Back to the drawing board on that one.
I felt that yesterday wash day was simple. How was yours? HHJ