Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jessicurls Review #21

Hola

I am excited to write this review. I have only tried Jessicurls pillow packs and was to pumped to receive the set to review for you guys. Now each product on there site range from a .05oz to 1 gallon to accommodate your needs. Plus on the website Jessicurl has tons of helpful information from a blog to videos!

Sample Pack 4: 2oz-24.00$

Hair Cleansing Cream
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Polyglucose, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Directions: Shake bottle, wet hair well and massage into scalp to create a light lather. Finger comb lather through length of hair and rinse well. You may not get a ton of lather the first time though but your hair will be clean. If you want more lather, repeat the cleansing process. Don’t bunch your hair up on the top of your head as this will create tangles. After rinsing, follow with your favorite Jessicurl conditioner.

Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
Ingredients: Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Soy Lecithin, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Directions: Apply to wet hair, comb through and rinse after 3-5 minutes. Follow with your favorite Jessicurl styling products. Too Shea can also be left in for all day moisture on dry curls or used as a deep conditioner for finer hair that gets weighed down easily.

Deep Conditioning Treatment
Ingredients: Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Soy Lecithin, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Directions: Apply to clean, wet hair, comb through and let it settle in for 30-60 minutes. For even more intense conditioning, use with heat, such as the Hair Therapy Wrap. Rinse and style as usual. This can be used daily or as a leave-in conditioner for thicker, drier curl types.

Confident Coils:
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyimide-1, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60; Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Directions: Use Confident Coils with Jessicurl Rockin’ Ringlets or Gelebration Spray for extra curl enhancement or alone to give tighter curls definition and hold. Distribute evenly through soaking wet hair and scrunch to encourage curls or finger-comb to elongate. Air dry or dry with a diffuser. This stuff is pretty concentrated, so less is more. If your hair is fine and gets weighed down easily, use a very small amount at first and increase from there if you need more hold. Check out my product demo videos in the Curly Care Center to see Confident Coils in action.

My Review: The Jessicurl team I felt had wonderful customer service. They were extremely polite and even asked for hair details to get the right products out to me. Shipping was also fast and timely! When the package came it had plenty of information on how to use the collection, what order to use it, and which product would be best for your hair type. I found this very helpful especially if your just starting to learn your curls and you have no idea where to start. This sample pack would be a well rounded kit to test out! They also sent me a  a little nifty washable tattoo.

The 2 things I used prior to getting the sample set was the Hair Cleansing Cream and the Deep Conditioner Treatment. Now for the deep conditioner it is a must try for transitioners and full naturals. My results were amazing! Soft hair, new growth was manageable, it also aided in my detangling process. So I would definitely give this a try more then the others in my opinion. I started with the cleanser of course and was a little taken back by not getting suds I was us to seeing from my shampoo. Being that this was my first cleanser I did really know what to expect. But it did a great job of cleaning my hair without the squeaky clean feel. I then used the Too Shea Moisturizing Conditioner as my conditioner rinse. First I think I should have used this instead of my Aubreys maybe I would have had a better effect. But my initial use I really didn't see any wow factor. It really didn't do anything to my hair. But I will try it again this wash day and let you guys know how I feel about it. Last was the styler, Confident Coils, and I loved it. It was truly moisturizing and defining. No flakes in my curls, no nasty residue, only thing was a small amount didn't cut it. I had to keep going back to make my curls stand out the way I wanted it to.

Pricing for each 8oz bottle is 16.95 which is a little pricey for my range. But they always send awesome deals in there emails from discount on shipping or buying a set, so it would be a good idea to sign up for they're email updates!

The set I was sent did not have a scent. (Wow! Try saying that three times fast! Lol) They have 2 ways you can get your products which are scented and unscented. But they only have one scent which is Island Fantasy. I really do like when companies gives you the choice of choosing your fragrance just in case you have a allergy to something.  

Overall I give this sample a B+ for the Conditioner and the pricing. Every thing else was to my liking.

1 comment:

  1. great review . Packed with great detail. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Reviews are great they really help others gage products. Keep up the good work.

    Zainab1
    evolvee.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete