Saturday, July 13, 2013

Random spotlight: Jmaire Natural Beauty



Hey guys

I know It has been awhile since I did a Random Spotlight. So I am on the look out for more people to featured.

Now this feature was inspired by a contest I won on a blog. I have been using these butters for well over a 2 months now have have loved the results every time. I really want to get these items out there cause not only do I believe that every small business needs a chance to shine, but these are some top quality all natural butters that are what they promise. But more will be in the review. So a  review on these butters will be up next week. But for more information don't forget to click the links at the bottom!

I contacted Ms.Jacqueline asking her if she would like to be featured in my spotlight. I was thrilled when she agreed to. I really enjoyed reading her answers and felt like I was with her on her journey. After a few emails here is how the interview went.



1. When and where was your company established?
 J. Marie Natural Beauty was started in 2011 in Chicago, IL.

2. What was the reason and/or inspiration to start this line?
Going natural has altered my journey in life. I never expected a change in how I wore my hair to change my life. I didn’t have a lot of support when I first eliminated perms from my hair care routine. I didn’t know what I was doing (I wasn’t familiar with YouTube or the wonderful natural hair websites at the time), and I didn’t have support from family and friends, but I knew I was doing the right thing. Being able to stand up for myself and my choice in how I wore my hair gave me a major confidence boost and from then on, I’ve just been pressing forward doing what my internal sense of righteousness tells me to do. I’d been shuffling my feet on starting a natural hair/body business until my son was born in December of 2010. After he arrived in the world, once again, everything changed. I took one look at his perfect being, swelled with pride and became extremely conscious of the fact that I was responsible for how well he turned out as a person. That was the moment that I decided to start my business. I wanted to be able to not only tell him, but to show him that he could achieve anything he wanted from this world. I wanted to be able to tell him to go for his dreams just like Mommy did. 

3. Why haircare?
 I actually make natural and organic hair and body products at affordable prices. You shouldn’t have to pay an arm and a leg for natural products. Please check out my online shop at: Etsy

4. Are you natural?
If so why, how long, and please tell me about your journey? Natural and loving it! I've been natural for 4.5 years and it was very difficult in the beginning, but it's been such a pleasure discovering not only my natural hair, but myself as well. I transitioned for one year. I didn’t really know what I was doing. I just decided that I wasn’t going to perm my hair anymore and I wore sew-ins until I figured out what to do with my hair. At that time, I didn’t know about all of the wonderful blogs and websites dedicated to natural hair. Once I became hip to those (one year later), I cut off the remaining permed hair. I had to learn not to let people’s ignorant comments get to me in the beginning of my journey. It’s one thing to ignore a stranger’s comments, but it’s another thing when the negativity is coming from your family and friends – it hurts. I experienced that during my transition and my first year, but it’s been smooth sailing ever since then. They see my growth (physically and mentally) and they admire and respect my decision now.

5. What is your target goal?
I never had a specific target goal with regard to length, but I'm always amazed and astounded (i.e. I hit my Dougie and the Stanky Leg) whenever I reach a major milestone. The last time I checked, I was at bra strap length and you couldn't tell me nothing! I didn't come down off that high for about a week. I've simply come to the conclusion that if I take care of my hair, it will grow and be healthy and that's exactly what happens.

6. Is there anything else you would like the readers to know?
You only have one life – live it the way you want to live it! Believe in yourself and your ability.Know that you are capable and smart enough.Act - now is the time! You never get time back, make the most of what you have left. 

7. Do you have any tips for our readers?  
Make sure you start and maintain your natural hair journey for you! Although it's totally worth it, It can be tedious and time consuming learning how to care for natural hair, so make sure it's something that you really want to do. Once you're on your journey, I suggest the following regimen that you can tweak as you learn specifically what your hair likes.
1. Co-wash weekly
2. Deep condition bi-weekly
3. Do protective styles as much as possible
4. Use minimum heat
5. Use natural products as much as possible
6. Have fun with your hair!

You can reach me at:
Instagram: @jmarienatural
Twitter
Blog
Facebook 
Shop



1 comment:

  1. Yes ma'am! she's fabulous! I use her curl boost butter it gives me great results. and softness for days. Bomb.com

    Thanks for yet another great spotlight Kenesha. Your doing great things! Keep up the good work.

    Zainab1
    www.evolvee.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete