Sunday, November 25, 2012

Setback: Spritzing Up My New Growth

  I'm going to do a series on my setbacks while stretching my relaxer. This way if your stretching, transitioning, or just need help with your setbacks. We can help each other.
  I've always had dry scalp, so I've been looking for something to keep my scalp and new growth moisturize. When I would oil my scalp with my JBCO the next day my scalp and new growth would feel dry and rough. My head seems to suck it up like a sponge no matter if I left my new growth damp or wet and then oil it, the next day it would be extremely dry.
  I read a lot of reviews about Spritz and wanted to incorporate one into my regimen but had to figure out what would work well for my hair needs. I tried 3 different Spritz that mainly consisted of water, oils, and my fav leave-in at the moment. Problem though with my Spritz it was either to watery or to oily so I ended up adding it to my Pre-poo treatment.
  My description of a Spritz is to simply add in moisture when needed. So if you can't wash your hair, co-wash your hair, or your leave-in is to heavy on your hair that don't want to add anymore. Then using a Spritz that is light to just give your hair the added moisture boost could help with your hair needs. You can also use your Spritz to prep your hair before a style and when your hair is start to dry out during a styling process. Spritz are multifunctional, which is why I wanted to incorporate one in my regimen. I was extremely happy with the results it gave me on my new growth.
  So I'm going to tell you wants in my new growth Spritz.
1 part Aloe Vera Juice
1 squirt Vitamin E Oil (includes sweet almond oil, lemon oil, wheat germ oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, tocopherol, Rosemary extract)
1 squirt Glycerin
3 tablespoons Giovanni Direct Leave-in
20-25 drops of Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
 
  This is what my hair loves. You can try it or switch it up to your liken, but I really hope this could help you on your journey.
Thanks for reading!!!

4 comments:

  1. You have been nominated because you have a darling blog!

    http://www.fancyflairlady.com/2012/11/you-have-darling-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello

    pls do something about your template with regards to the colour of either the font or the colour of the background

    i would be surprised if its just me having issues with reading it clearly

    just a readers feedback. the colour of the font against a purple background is not very user friendly to the eyes

    well done tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I am taking it in and will change it! I new to fixing pages...lol...I wl change it though!!!

      Delete