Sunday, November 4, 2012

Prep Wash day @ 9 Weeks post 11/3

So todays wash day is to prepare my hair for a box braid protective style. I wanted to do this from last month but I had some new products that I want to try so I waited. Anyways here's what I did.
1. I pre-pooed with my VO5 moisturizing conditioner, EVOO, the last bit of my JBCO, and EVCO. I heated that up for about 30-45 mins and then rinsed.
2. I shampooed 2x really good with my shea moisture thickening shampoo and then rinsed.
3. Applied my Joico k-pak reconstruct for the  recommended time of 5 minutes and then rinsed out. This left my hair really dry and firm.
4. Next I used my Joico daily care balancing conditioner to make sure my Ph level goes back to normal. Left that on for the recommended time of 1 minute and then rinsed out.
5. I put a towel on my head to soak up excess water and then applied my Elasta QP ultra hydration for a hour. Rinsed out, put a t-shirt on my head. applied my leave-ins, wrapped up my hair and let it dry overnight!!
It was a little damp in the back in the morning so I let it finish air drying before starting my braids. I also tired a sample I received from the beauty supply store that I will write a review after I take out my braids. Its for detangle! I also forgot 2 things. I forgotten to clarify my hair, but I  made sure to wash really good with my shea moisture shampoo. Also I forgot to wash my braiding hair before installing it but I'll just rinse it with some water really good when I'm done. Thats what happens when you have 3 kids and everyone wants their mommy! Gotta love'em. I'll post some pics tomorrow of my braids when I'm finished! Until next time thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment