When I randomly pop on to Facebook I sometimes caught a giveaway going on and for the past month I have been lucky enough to win a few giveaways. Well this one I believe was a trivia question that I had answered right. I completely forgot about it due to school work and was pleasantly surprise to get this package in the mail. I received the Invigorating Set which included a full sized shampoo, conditioner, and hair growth oil.
My Initial review from looking at the products is that the package is plain. It is more wording on the label and a small logo in the corner. I love to see the company logo on the package so I can know what product I am using, if it was faded in the background underneath the wording it would give it more of a pop or bigger. I would be more familiar with it by seeing the logo. Here's how I used during wash day:
- First pre pooing my hair with out heat for about an hour as I fixed breakfast. Making sure that I applied it liberally to my hair. Rinsed it out in warm water.
- Next as directed I applied the shampoo directly to my scalp and massaged in not expecting a later. Now right off back the first thing that hit my senses was the strong scent of peppermint. My preferred scents a more of a floral or sweet. I'm not even a person that likes to each peppermint on the regular. It didn't have a lather just like the directions stated. But I did feel the peppermint open up my pores and my hair did have clean feel to it. Like most shampoos that I find out in the beginning I have amazing results, but then down the round my hair feels like straw. This shampoo did leave my hair nice and soft so that was a plus. The shampoo's second ingredient is water so that is exactly what the consistency is like. Water. Making it very easy to apply to my scalp in sections or what every way you would like. That is a plus plus!
- Next the directions stated to apply a generous amount of conditioner to hair and work from root to tip. So that is what I did and my usual detangling process. The texture of this conditioner is like a thick frothy milk. Yes the texture of a milkshake. I can tell you that it had loads of slip. My shed hair's came out with ease. But a down side to it was that it also smelled strong of peppermints. Now I know that peppermints help promote hair growth but that is just one smell that is to strong for me. Hubby could smell me before I came out of the bath with was not a good thing from the look on his face. I left this on for about 4 minutes and the rinsed with warm water.
- Next I deep conditioned with a staple. Shea moisture deep treatment masque for over a hour with heat. I love this deep conditioner is all that I can say.
- Once that was rinsed out I wrapped my baby cloth around my hair to soak up the extra water before smoothing Shea moisture Moisture Retention Conditioner. I sealed it with the hair growth oil that came with the set. Again it smelled like peppermint. I love oils and after a few minutes when my hair started to dry I could hardly smell it anymore. Last I styled with As I Am Curl Jelly which went on fine and dandy, but once dried my hair was hard. NO Bueno! FAIL!
Overall I would like to use these products one more time to have a good sense on how I feel about the products.
Wonderfully Invigorating Shampoo
Active Ingredients: Black Soap, Peppermint Oil, Aqua, Sweet Almond, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree, Lavender, Rosemary Essential Oils, Gardenia Flower Extract and Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract Preservative.
Wonderfully Invigorating Conditioner
Ingredients: Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peppermint Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree, Lavender, Rosemary Essential Oils, Gardenia Flower Extract and Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract Preservative.
Wonderfully Invigorating Hair Oil
Ingredients: Peppermint Oil, Tea Tree, Lavender, Rosemary, Sweet Almond Oil, Neem Oil, Safflower Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils, Gardenia Flower Extract.