Monday, June 3, 2013

Wash Day @ 39 weeks Post


Hey Guys

So Friday I had a bump on the back of my head. (Sorry for the TMI) When I asked Hubby to squeeze it for me he said why is your hair so greasy. Mind you I haven't greased my scalp in about 2 or 3 days. To me this means that instead of my hair taking/absorbing in the oils, its basically just sitting on my scalp/hair. Huge No 

No  While on Pinterest my favorite past time. I started to read up about No Poo/Curly Girl Method. So I wanted to try to challenge myself this month by doing one.

Here's how Saturday's wash day went:

First I did another overnight pre poo treatment. Spritzed my hair with my homemade spritz, sealed with Honey Curls Honey Oil Blend, and that put the reminder of my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment mask. Rinsed out in cool water.

Shampooed 1x with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo. Saturday was this first of the month which is also my clarifying day. Time to start the month off with a clean scalp. I made sure I massaged this on my scalp until I felt it tingle. That is one I only did this once.

Next I massaged for root to tip Giovanni Ultra Moist Conditioner. I really let this one sit in my hair as I worked it in and detangled. It really gave me another wash day of amazing slip. I could detangle, work knots out, and remove shed hairs with ease. I will be adding this to my rotating staples routine. Rinsed that out in cool water.

After that I sprayed my hair with CCs hair tea and coated it with Aubrey's Organics GPB Conditioner. Again I worked it into my hair while gentle detangling, working it from root to tip. I did this for about 3-4 minutes. Rinsed out in cool water. 

I wrapped my hair up in a cotton baby towel to absorb up any extra water before applying my deep conditioner. This week I went back to my favorite Aunt Jackie's In Control Conditioner. I left this on with heat for a hour and 15 minutes. I let my hair cool down and then rinsed out the conditionwr in cool water.

For leave in I used Aunt Jackie's Knot on my watch. Comb it out a bit so it can go from my root to tip. Greased my scalp with Green Goop Groth Creme. Sealed with a mix of Honey Curls Honey Blend & Giovanni Ultra Moist Anti-frizz serum. Then styled with Aunt Jackie's Curl La La and using my rods.
For the majority of my wash day I used all staples and it definitely gave my hair moisturized softness.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment