Friday, February 8, 2013

Review #3: Curl Prep Sweet Buttah*

Hey guys
Okay I've been using this product for about 2 Weeks now and I'm ready to tell y'all what I think about it!
"For twists, locs, and funky fros"
8oz- $15.00 & $5.00 for shipping
Promises: Do your thing with this creamy concoction. The buttery solution is perfect for hydrating your natural hair and will give you funky two strand twist and more.
Ingredients: Shea butter, Infused Olive oil, Wheat Germ oil, Goats Milk, Marshmallow Root, Emulsified Wax, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E, Preservative, Essential oils.
Paraben, SLS, & Alcohol Free.
My Review: When I open the package I could smell the container before even unwrapping it and to me it smelled lovely. The consistency of it is light and frothy. Not very thick but not to light either that it would be runny like water.
I used the Curl Prep twice on my sons hair and it left his hair very moisturize. It did feel dry the next day but my son is 20 months so you know how that is you can only do but so much to keep the moisture in.
For me I used it on freshly washed hair, as directed on their website, to moisturize and style my hair in a braid out. I first greased my scalp with the Simply Organics JBCO, applied my split end protector leave in, and then applied the Curl Prep in sections of 8 for my braid out. Then wrapped my hair for the night. When I took down my braids the next day my curls were very well define and soft.
When I wanted to refresh my braid out I simply just added more Curl Prep on the my braids after I braided up my hair. Then used my Spritz to hydrate my new growth. But the next day I noticed my hair felt heavy like I had to much product on it. So I left the Curl Prep alone for the rest of the week and moisturize solely with my Cantu Shea Butter.
Overall I feel this is a excellent moisturizer for my protective styles if used lightly made like 2 times out of my 6 day protective style days. Which be my initial styling day and then a refresher before my next wash day. I love the smell, packaging, and consistency. The pricing is a little high for my set budget but I might bend to use it again. I was satisfied with its job.
My Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment