Monday, January 6, 2014

Wash Day @25 Weeks Post Big Chop

Hey

This is the first wash day of the new year so I want to start it off with fresh clean healthy hair. I know new year means new goals and my only goal for this year is to move out of this awkward stage. So I am focused on length! I want to try hair pills and will be doing my research to find which one will be best for me! Also I will continue to use up half used products in my stash so that I can clear out my shelves and only buy my staples.

First pre pooing with the last bit of Ynobe Shop Pre Poo Treat I prepared my hair to be shampooed. I had this in my hair for about 15-20 minutes before washing it out.
I shampooed my hair with my staple shampoo Joico K-Pak Color Therapy shampoo. I did this only once making sure to get my scalp relly good. It has been a while since I washed my hair with shampoo and I can tell you I don't miss the stripped feeling. But I know that my hair is clean and ready for the new year.
Next using 4 Naturals Reconstructor I deep a protein treatment on my hair leaving it in for about 5 minutes and rinsed. This really left my hair feeling restored and back to its prior state.
After that needing to balance my hair I used my staple moisturizing deep conditioner;  Sitrinillah from Hairveda. I left this on for over a hour before rinsing it out in the shower.
I applied Jamaican Black Castor oil on my scalp. I want to go back to my past regimen when I did this religiously to see if this will also help in gain some length. For leave ins I used Hairveda's whipped creme ends hydration and seal with vatika frosting. For stylers I used Cream & Cocos original Curls for Days with Chocolate Marshmallow Pudding. My curls were again defined by this product but by the end of the day my hair felt extremely greasy. When I touched it my hand would shine so I ended up washing the combo out of my hair.

How was your wash day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment